Monday, May 25, 2009

It doesn't have to be this way ladies!


You can have your burger and eat healty too!
It is all about what I love, eating in! When you make something yourself you have total control of the ingredients. A burger can be any thing you want it to be. You are your own grill master!



For me, a burger still has to be a bit fatty to taste good and it still has to be red meat. So I choose buffalo meat, a naturally lean meat with a super yummy taste. I enjoy Maverick Ranch meats. No pesticides, no hormones and no steroids. As an added bonus is is family run and they believe in sustainable ranching! Here is their site if you would like to learn more.
http://www.maverickranch.com/


I then add some yummy veggies, a nice slice of purple onion. (I would love for someone to tell me about this red onion business it is really purple isn't it?)
A crispy piece of lettuce. I like butter lettuce.
And a nice slice of yummy tomato, salted. I am a firm believer that a wee bit of salt sprinkled on a slice of tomato truly brings out the flavor.
A piece of seriously sharp cheddar cheese melted on top of the grilled patty and all placed on a toasted whole wheat bun.
And we have my favorite burger.


By eating in and choosing your own healthy ingredients you can make any dish that would normally be not so good for you at a restaurant, a perfectly reasonable treat at home.


If you love burgers and would like more recipes even some outrageous recipes please visit
http://www.buildabetterburger.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment