Sunday, May 24, 2009

Blackberry Pancakes.


As I woke up this lovely Sunday morning I had one simple pure and yummy thought in my head. Blackberry pancakes! My husband is the pancake chef in our family, so I roused him out of bed with some fresh coffee and sent him into the kitchen. "Blackberry pancakes?" My husband said to me as I went about washing the bunch I had purchased the day before. "Yes, they will be delicious," I reassured him. And of course they where.

To ensure that the yumminess of the blackberry was tasted in every bite, I cut up these large and scrumptious berries into eighths. As the bottom half of the pancake began to settle my husband sprinkled the little pieces of blackberry on the the other half just before he flipped them.
We ate our pancakes on our sun porch. With extra berries on the side!

A tip for yummy pancakes:
Keep the oven just a bit warm. As a batch of pancakes are ready, slip them onto a plate in the oven. Keep the extra plates needed for whomever you are having over in the oven as well. In this way the pancakes stay warm even as you eat them. 

Happy Memorial Day weekend friends,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment